Zirconium Crowns: The perfect blend of strength and Aesthetics
Zirconium crowns are gaining traction in dental restoration for their blend of durability and aesthetic appeal.
Zirconium crowns, also known as zirconia crowns, have emerged as a modern alternative to traditional dental crowns. These crowns, which contain the element zirconium oxide, are extremely durable and biocompatible. It is a method frequently preferred by individuals looking for a long-lasting, natural-looking solution to have white teeth and an aesthetic smile.
Technological developments in the field of dentistry constantly raise the level of oral health and aesthetic beauty. Among these developments, Zirconium crowns are a treatment method that perfectly blends durability and aesthetics.
In this article, we have given detailed information about frequently asked questions such as how zirconium crowns are made, how long their lifespan is and to whom they can be applied.
What is a zirconium crown?
Zirconium crowns are a frequently preferred application to correct problematic teeth and gain a functional and aesthetic appearance. Since it has high light transmittance, it gives a natural appearance to the teeth.
Zirconium crowns help you achieve an aesthetic smile by adding natural whiteness to your teeth. Although they do not contain metal, zirconium crowns have high durability and are long-lasting.
While there is a purplish color change in the gums in metal dental crown types, there is no color change in zirconium crowns.
Zirconium oxide crown; It is done by placing the crown on the surface of the tooth in the form of a crown. It eliminates visual defects in a person's teeth.
It gives the aesthetic result closest to the natural appearance of the tooth.
These crowns are generally a safe treatment that individuals apply for tooth sensitivity, caries or aesthetic concerns.
Zirconium crown step by step in Turkey Antalya
Zirconium crown application consists of the following Steps:
The patient is examined by the dentist, and local anesthesia is applied to prevent the patient from feeling any pain.
The color of the tooth is decided with the patient. The teeth to be crowned are reduced slightly and measurements are made using computer-aided design and manufacturing (CAD-CAM) technology.
Zirconia crowns can be produced and placed in a short time with simple restorations using CAD-CAM equipment. After the measurement, temporary teeth are bonded until the zirconium crowns are ready.
Teeth are prepared in an average of 1 to 5 days. Temporary teeth are removed and then permanent zirconium crowns are bonded to the teeth.
Thus, the treatment is completed.
In order for the zirconium crowns to last long after the treatment, it is very important for our patients to maintain oral hygiene and follow their annual dentist appointments. With check-ups and dental care, zirconium crowns can be used for many years without any problems.
How much does a zirconia crown cost in Turkey?
Zirconium crowns Turkey prices vary depending on various factors such as the structure of the teeth to be crowned, the materials used, and the number of teeth. Because the suitability of the tooth structure for treatment is the most important factor that will ensure the treatment.
Gum diseases or tooth decay require intervention before treatment. These treatments also cost extra.
Variations in exchange rates and importation of materials will also affect prices.
The cost of these crowns also varies depending on the brand of materials used.
Zirconium dental crown prices also vary depending on the installment or cash payment method.
Zirconium crown prices vary depending on the above variables. You can contact our clinic for detailed information. Our dentists will give you a clear price after deciding on your specific treatment.
Who are zirconium crowns suitable for?
The following situations will determine who the crowns are suitable for. Answers to which teeth are zirconium crowns applied?
- Individuals with stains on their teeth
- Individuals who have stains on their teeth and have not received adequate results from the teeth whitening process.
- Those whose teeth change color due to reasons such as smoking, tea and coffee.
- Those who want to achieve a natural white appearance on their teeth.
- Those who have color incompatibility in their fillings.
- Individuals with Cosmetic Problems
- Individuals with cracked and broken teeth, those with large tooth gaps or minor orthodontic disorders.
- Those with crooked teeth.
- Those who want to have their implants crowned.
- Individuals who seek aesthetic beauty in their smiles.
- Individuals with Insufficient Tooth Enamel
- Some individuals do not have tooth enamel due to genetic reasons.
- This treatment is suitable for individuals without tooth enamel. Zirconium crown process is done to protect the teeth and prolong the life of the teeth.
- Conditions requiring treatment
- Individuals who are considering increasing tooth durability.
- Those with rotten teeth.
- Patients requiring long bridge surgery.
- Those who have a decrease in tooth tissue due to wear, tear and breakage.
- In addition to all these situations, it is possible for individuals who want to have a crown for different reasons to meet with their dentist and find the treatment that suits them.
- Individuals with Metal Allergy
- It does not contain any zirconium crown metal content. Those with metal allergies can easily have this crown applied. These crowns do not cause any allergic reactions.
- For the individuals above, zirconium crowns are very useful and long-lasting.
- The following situations should be considered.
- The person who will have dental crowns must be over 18 years old. Since the mouth and jaw development of people over 18 years of age is completed, individuals must be this age and be treated before crowning.
- The space between the teeth should not be too large. In this case, the crowns may not hold completely.
- In addition to all these situations, it is possible for individuals who want to have a crown for different reasons to meet with their dentist and find the treatment that suits them
How is a zirconium crown made in Turkey?
First of all, the patient is examined. Teeth and gums are examined. The presence of conditions that require preliminary treatment (such as caries or gum treatments) is detected. Pretreatment is applied if necessary.
Local anesthesia is applied to the area to be applied. There is generally no pain or ache during the zirconia dental crown process. However, patients with a very low pain threshold may also experience pain, so the area to be treated is anesthetized.
In order to adjust the size of the teeth to be veneered and to ensure that the crown adheres better, the surface of the tooth tissue is slightly abraded and the tooth is thinned.
Measurements of the tooth are taken and sent to the laboratory for crown preparation.
The teeth are imaged, the color of the zirconium is determined and measurements are taken. After the smile test is performed, all records are examined. Temporary veneers are fitted to the patient while technicians prepare the crown.
Crowns are completed in 1 to 5 days.
Temporary crowns are used until permanent crowns arrive from the laboratory.
It is tested by wearing a zirconium crown. After the patient's approval is obtained, a permanent dental crown is placed. (The bonding process of the veneers is not completed if necessary, and the patient uses and tests the crowns for 1-5 days. After the patient's approval is obtained, it can be permanently adhered.)
The dentist's recommendations are taken.
How long do zirconium crowns last?
The lifespan of zircons may vary depending on use. It is not possible to give an exact time about the lifespan of zirconium teeth.
Following the dentist's recommendations prolongs the life of the zirconium crown. If oral hygiene is taken into consideration and the dentist's recommendations are followed, crowns last for an average of 5 to 10 years.
Tooth and gum diseases can also reduce this period. If oral, tooth and gum care is not taken into consideration, the life of the veneers will be shortened.
The lifespan of zirconium crowns also depends on the dentist's experience, the materials used and the treatment he performs. Paying attention to the individual's oral and dental health and care also prolongs the life of the crowns.
FAQs about Zirconium Crown in Antalya
Are zirconium crowns good?
Zirconium crowns, also known as zirconia crowns, are a preferred method in dental treatments due to their many advantages. Zirconium crownss give an aesthetic appearance very close to the appearance of natural teeth. These reasons make zirconium crownss attractive for patients.
Other advantages of zirconium crownss are briefly as follows:
Zirconium crowns do not damage the underlying natural teeth.
It adapts easily to natural teeth.
There are many shades of white color options. Natural looking color is very easy to find.
It does not lose color. There is no color loss due to external factors such as tea and coffee consumption.
There is no tooth sensitivity in hot or cold drinks.
It can be used without any problems for many years with regular inspection and maintenance.
Is zirconium crown safe?
Yes it is safe. Zirconium crowns are more natural and aesthetic than traditional porcelain veneers. Especially those with metal allergies and tooth sensitivity can use them safely.
Zirconium crowns can teeth decay?
Zirconium crowns are known for their durability and resistance to decay. When bonded properly with a special adhesive, it provides a strong and protective crown for the underlying tooth. The adhesive often used has properties that can help prevent the formation of voids inside.
If the edge compatibility of the porcelain teeth with your natural teeth is made well and oral hygiene practices are meticulously observed, the risk of tooth decay after the zirconium crown is minimal. The key to maintaining oral health after having zirconia crowns placed lies in regular dental care, including brushing, flossing, and regular dental exams.
Zirconium crowns provide excellent protection against decay. Regular checkups and oral cleanings with your dentist will help identify and address potential problems immediately and contribute to the long-term success of your dental restoration.
Zirconium crowns be removed?
Removing zirconium crowns requires a delicate procedure and is only performed by a qualified dentist.This procedure should only be performed by your dentist.The zirconium crown is carefully cut by the dentist using burs or cutting tools.
If you think zirconium crowns need to be removed, you should contact your dentist for a proper evaluation and professional removal.
Is zirconium crowns treatment painful?
Since local anesthesia is used to numb the area where the procedure will be performed before the zirconium crowns are placed, it is not painful. However, some patients may experience temporary discomfort or sensitivity after the anesthesia wears off. This is normal, the sensitivity usually disappears within a few days as the mouth gets used to the new restoration.
Zirconium crowns are not painful by nature. However, it is important to follow your dentist's care instructions to minimize discomfort and speed healing after the procedure. If you are experiencing persistent or severe pain, see your dentist for further evaluation. Is zirconium crown safe ,is
Do zirconium crowns stain?
Due to the structure of an individual's real teeth, they are very quickly affected by the colors of foods. However, the surface of zirconium crowns is smooth, there is no color change since the crowns are artificial and flat. It is not negatively affected by consumption of tea, coffee and cigarettes. Due to its slippery and smooth structure, food residues cannot stick to the tooth surface.
No yellowing occurs over time. However, if oral care is not taken into consideration, an easily cleanable layer may form on the tooth surface. In this case, the crown is easily cleaned and the problem is solved with a single session by the dentist.
Will the zirconium crowns fall off after the teeth are bonded? Are zirconium crowns strong?
One of the most curious things is how strong are zirconia crowns. Zirconium crowns are thinned to the main teeth and bonded with strong medical adhesives. If the individual complies with the necessary maintenance after the procedure, the crowns can be used for a long time without falling off or breaking. However, in some cases, crowns may be damaged. These;
Grinding and clenching the teeth, improperly adhered veneers, hard-shelled foods breaking with the veneers, sticky foods (such as gum, paste) sticking to the veneered teeth, and close combat sports may cause the veneered teeth to break or fall out.
Are those who have zirconium implants satisfied?
One of the most curious things is how strong are zirconia crowns. Since zirconium crowns have many advantages, individuals who use them are generally satisfied. The satisfaction of Crown users can be understood by looking at the comments.
Events such as discoloration of the gums, bad breath, and staining, which are seen in people who have traditional porcelain veneers, are not observed with zirconium crowns. People with metal allergies can use it easily. It provides an aesthetic appearance closest to natural teeth.
Are zirconium crowns worth i̇t i̇n Turkey?
The choice of zirconium crowns in Turkey depends on several factors, such as your specific dental needs, your budget, and your personal preferences. Zirconia crowns are a frequently preferred method in dentistry due to their durability, durability and aesthetic properties.
Some factors to consider are:
Aesthetics: Zirconium crowns are a good choice for front teeth or visible areas, with a range of colors that match natural teeth.
Strength and Durability: Since zirconium is a strong material, it is long-lasting. (5 to 10 years)
Biocompatibility: Zirconium crowns do not contain metal. Therefore, the risk of allergic reaction is very low.
Cost: Zirconium crowns in Turkey provide 70% savings compared to many Western European countries such as the UK and USA.
Quality: In our dental clinic, our expert dentists provide services in accordance with European standards.
What are the disadvantages of zirconium crowns?
While zirconium crowns are an excellent option for many patients, they may not be suitable for everyone. Some patients may experience sensitivity, although this is rare. As always, it is important to consult with our dentist before deciding on the best dental restoration option.
The disadvantages of zirconium crowns have rapidly disappeared with the development of technology. Before the procedure, “Do crowns have any advantages?” “Is zirconium harmful?” Questions like these are frequently asked.
Zirconium crowns have almost no disadvantages. The cost of zirconium crowns is higher than metal-supported porcelain, which is the only disadvantage.
How to look after zirconium crowns?
Zirconium crowns care is quite simple. After Zirconium Crown, it is sufficient to perform the following procedures for the comfort of functions such as eating and drinking and for the longevity of the crown.
- To prevent the zirconium crown from being damaged or falling off by people who grind their teeth at night.They need to use aligners at night
- When consuming flexible and extensible foods (such as gum and paste), the crowns should not be overloaded and especially the front teeth should not be put under pressure.
- Hard-shelled foods (walnuts, hazelnuts, etc.) should not be broken with teeth.
- Care should be taken when consuming stone fruits.
- Consuming sticky foods reduces crown resistance.
- Since excessive consumption of acidic foods will damage the adhesive used in the crown, the consumption of such foods should be reduced.
- Can lids and beverage lids should not be opened with teeth.
- Teeth should be brushed regularly, oral care should be done, gargling, and dental floss should be used.
- Routine dental check-ups should be done (every 6 months).
- If close combat or contact sports are performed, dental protectors should be used.
- The dentist's recommendations should be taken into consideration.
Do zirconium crowns cause bad breath?
When zirconium crownsr oral and dental care is done regularly, the crown can be used for a long time without bad breath. Since Crowns do not contain metal, they do not cause taste or odor in the mouth.
There are many different reasons that cause bad breath. Not brushing your teeth regularly, not cleaning them with mouthwash, and not using dental floss are the main causes of bad breath.
Sometimes oral diseases, tonsil diseases, fungal diseases of the gums and palate can also cause bad breath. Although it is thought that the cause of bad breath is due to the zircon crown, this is wrong.
It would be more beneficial to consult a dentist to find out the real cause of bad breath.
How to use zirconium crowns in smile design?
In addition to the appearance of the teeth when smiling, the symmetrical appearance of the teeth and the level of the gums are also important. In this case, the gums need to be intervened with laser.
When performing an aesthetic smile analysis, the harmony of factors such as the height of the teeth, the appearance of the lips, the gum level, the color of the teeth, the alignment of the teeth, the harmony of the lips and teeth when smiling, and the laugh line are very important.
Magnificent aesthetic results are achieved with zirconium crowns and smile design.
What are the differences between zirconium crowns and porcelain?
Zirconium crowns, which are frequently used in dental applications, have some differences compared to traditional porcelain crowns. Some of these differences are:
- Porcelain Veneers: They are made from thin shells of dental porcelain. They are specially produced to match the front surface of the tooth. Since porcelain crowns are translucent, they are very close to the natural appearance of the teeth.
- Zirconium Crowns: These crowns are made of a strong, white material called zirconia. Zirconium restorations are frequently used in crowns, bridges and other dental prosthetics.
Strength and Durability:
- Porcelain Veneers: Although porcelain is durable, it may not be as durable as zirconium. Crowns may cause chipping or cracking, especially if the patient has habits such as clenching and grinding their teeth.
- Zirconium is known for its exceptional strength and durability. It is more resistant to chipping and cracking compared to porcelain, so it is longer lasting among dental crown methods.
- Porcelain Veneers: These are thin shells, usually about 0.5 mm to 1.0 mm thick. Very little reduction is made on the teeth to place the crowns.
- Zirconium Crowns: Zirconium crowns may require more teeth to be reduced because they must be thicker than porcelain crowns.
- Porcelain Veneers: They are primarily used for cosmetic purposes to improve the appearance of the front teeth, to remove stains on the teeth, to eliminate defects in cracks, and to close gaps.
- Zirconium Crowns: Zirconium crowns are frequently preferred in areas where strength is required, in the repair of molars, in various dental restorations such as bridges and implants, and in eliminating problems caused by tooth loss.
In the light of all this information, if you want to correct the appearance of your teeth, give your smile an aesthetic appearance and eliminate the deformation in your teeth, or if you have problems chewing your food, we welcome you to our Akdeniz Dental clinic.
What makes zirconium crowns different from other types of crowns?
Zirconium crowns are crafted from a highly durable material known as zirconia. They are renowned for their strength and longevity. Plus, they can be precisely color-matched to the rest of your teeth, providing a more natural appearance.